12 March 2011

Old Ripasso Review

CESARI MARA- Ripasso

I do believe I seen a bottle of this within O'Briens halls and the Wine Mill use to stock it, regrettably no more. This is the first bottle that has managed to be bought twice by myself, more than this, this wine was bought twice, in one week, in first year, and now the owner of the Mill is now hounded to restock with the wine. At €20ish a bottle this is a big ask out of our measily budgets- My defence? This is the bottle that grabbed and dragged me to the world of wine! If my rusty memory serves me right this bottle had a deleciate balance of plum and cherry, the acidity was a little less than a normal Valpol, I would say sweetness, save sweetness is really denying the elegance of this wine. It would be impossible to classify this as sweet, it is yet far from dry. All in all, this bottle has yet to be moved from its place as my favourite bottle, whether it is the nostalgia of the wine that really got you into wine or the wine itself could be debated, however either way the wine is a star. Failing to find this try pick up a Zenato, they are about €16 at the moment a steal if nothing else.


NEW VINTAGE TO BE REVIEWED JAN 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment